Monday, September 3, 2012

LENS REVIEW: Fynale Prodigurls Hermes Grey

Happy long weekend!

Mine is a bit longer..I get tomorrow off!  Yay extra day off.

Anyways..here's another lens review.  It's a newer line (I believe) ..or not as old, by Fynale.  Please correct me if I'm wrong...

The name of the lens is called 'Prodigurls Hermes Grey'.  I purchased these directly off Fynale's facebook page, when they were having a 'BOGO' promo.  So I snagged 2 pairs and got 2 pairs free.  Pretty sweet deal if I must say!

I was quite excited to try these lenses as I haven't seen many customers choose the 'Hermes Grey', which is quite surprising since grey is such a popular colour.  Most of the lenses I saw on their page were from the  'Miu Miu Series' (which I also got in blue), Hermes Brown, Violet, Bvlgari series, Anna Sui,  Prada series..etc...etc.  I got the grey because I liked how the brown looked.






FYNALE PRODIGURLS HERMES GREY REVIEW:

COLOUR & DESIGN: ★★★1/2/5
The design is nice.  The lens is two tone, and kind of reminds me of the EOS Cotton Series.  The colour of the lens is light grey with a dark grey limbal ring.  The limbal ring isn't very thick and has a softened, consistent jagged design.  The colour on my eyes turns to a dark, but not too dark, grey.


ENLARGEMENT: ★★
/5
HUGE!!!  SO BIG!!!  Even for me! 

COMFORT:  ★★★1/2/5
Very comfortable :), and surprisingly easy to put in.  For a very big lens, it didn't bother me in the slightest. 

NATURALNESS:   ★/5
Not natural because they are so HUGE! and the lens in general is easy to detect.  Also, the pupil hole is fairly blunt and there isn't really any blending from the outer edge to the center of the lens.  These are great lenses for dramatic effect (in terms of size).  These photograph really nicely (shown below in the flash photos), as they tend to show up more vibrant in flash photos.


PHOTOS:

** Please do not use without permission.  With the exception to FYNALE (Facebook).



5 POINT VIEWS:

COMPARED TO MY NATURAL EYE:
  

LENS IN BOTH EYES:
 
ENLARGEMENT COMPARISON:  
Another lens I thought was big:   GnG/DUEBA 3D GREY
However, 'Hermes Grey' is much more enlarging even though it has a thinner limbal ring.

 FACE SHOT:  WINDOW LIGHT

VIDEO:


OVERVIEW:
--------
Pros:
Very Enlarging
Dramatic Lens
Comfortable
Comes in Prescription
 
Cons:
Not Natural
Needs lots of makeup to balance out the lens

 --------

Have you tried any of the Prodigurls Series?  If so, which ones and what do you think?

Thanks for reading!
Till next time, 
Sara.

 

10 comments:

♥ Natalie ♥ said...

Wooow, big beautiful eyes.
I like them on you (:

♥♥♥

Katherine Tealeaf said...

Oh these make me think of the baby that Nnudy and sesame lenses would have lol!

Sara said...

Who baby?

Sara said...

Hi Natalie :) Thank you :)

Jackyohhhhh said...

Woahh, those are big.They look really dolly and pretty on you! I wanna try Prodigurls lenses! Maybe i'll order them off of that facbeook because its pretty hard to find Prodigurls lenses with a prescription.

Gregg said...

I really like the overall effect. I think if they kept the pigmentation, slightly decreased the overall size and tweaked the pattern a hair they could actually be a really natural lens.

MissFeelo said...

These really do look HUGE on you!!! Got to say though, they look SO amazing. I want to photograph you, your eyes are inspiring! hehe

Sara said...

Thanks Jacky :) Would recommend it. They are pretty nice and comes with tracking :)

Sara said...

Hehe..it's the lenses! You should get a pair..would love to see them on you :) I bet you'd rock the browns!!

MissFeelo said...

You know I do actually have a brown pair that I haven't opened yet, I just may!