Thursday, March 8, 2012

REVIEW: e.l.f. 'Tickled Pink' Blush

The first time I swatched this, my first thought was DISLIKE.  I was so disappointed round 1, especially after reading alot of reviews on how great a product this is.  On elf's site it's rated 4.5/5 stars based on 500+ reviews.  So the odds were against me in disliking it.  But for me, the first swatch on my arm showed almost nothing, 2 swatches was still too subtle.  I immediately stored this and didn't start using it till months later, and now I use it daily...


e.l.f. Blush in 'Tickled Pink'
 



PACKAGING:  Like! 
Sturdy plastic with a built in mirror.  Plastic is matte black and doesn't dirty easily like the Nars packaging.  
Snap closure is pretty secure; you hear a big 'click' when you press down.  Good stuff :) 

Closeup of texture...

Product pickup of one finger swipe...Looks chalky.  A little bit of a turn off..lol.
 

 A build up of 3-4 layers on my arm...

On my right cheek...Approx. 2-3 layers

My Review:

Result:  4/5
Even though it takes many layers to show a result on my arm, it only takes about 2-3 to show on my face.  It gives me a nice pink glow that isn't in your face.  It's a noticeable, yet subtle result, and makes me look a bit more lively.  I really like it.

Texture:  3/5
Feels a bit chalky AND velvety on my fingers.  Not noticeable on my face.  The overall texture is still smooth though.  Not bad, not complaining.

Wear:  2/5
Would last longer with a cream blush beneath to act as a primer.  Something I don't do, but should.  Wearing the blush alone is okay, I would retouch after 2 hours or so..

Product for Price:  3.5/5
I think it's worth a try.  The item is 3$ and the size of the pan is similar to Nars size (approx. 2"W x 1 1/2"H).  I end up using the product faster because of the build-up, but I don't mind.  I've been using this daily for almost 2 months and have already made a dent in the pan.

Overall Rating:  B
Would I repurchase?  Honestly..probably not.  Although I like it, I don't love it.  I would like to try Pink Passion though.  I don't mind the having to build up, but I'd prefer without.  Maybe the other colours aren't the same?... We'll see.


Has anyone tried any other colours of e.l.f.'s blushes??  What would you recommend or what do you think?  Let me know :)

Till next time,
Sara.

21 comments:

carla said...

You have such pretty facial structure!!
:)
I dont think i'd ever repurchase any blush since there's too many good blushes out there!:)

Livia Soriano said...

This looks pretty good! Very natural on you. x

Sara said...

 Thanks ^^ Yeah..t'is why I like it so

Sara said...

 Touche :)  Good reminder :)  Thank you for the compliment :D

Kim said...

Wow, that is so natural looking! 
I was actually thinking of buying a blush.. maybe I'll try this one. The price is sooo cheap! I've never heard of a blush for $3. 
Now, to check if they ship to Australia.. fingers crossed.

L e n a said...

thanks for the review!
i have pink passion and i like it a lot. :)
it isn't so scary as the pan color might suggest. it just gives a fresh flushed color on the cheeks.

the color you reviewed seems like a good basic no brainer, though. :)

Sara said...

 Hope so.  Don't get your hopes up like I did though! :S.  But for 3$ I wouldn't be too worried if it didn't turn out to your favor :S.  Thanks for the support xx

Sara said...

Thanks Lena!  I want to try that color cause it seems more pigmented.   This color is a no brainer lol..it's the safe choice.

Natalie said...

Hey! :D
I found your blog now and I'm a new reader because I like your blog so much (:
I have this blush as well and on my dark skin it looks so...dumb ): But I have another blush from this brand and this one is amazing! ♥

Sara said...

 Hi Natalie.  Ty so much your support means alot :)  Which color do you have? 

Maryam Maquillage said...

I love elf blushes :)) the compact reminds me of nars! 

Livia Soriano said...

Hi Hun! I've just tagged you on my blog. Find out more details on my post! x

Rinny said...

I love the Studio blushes! I have 2 of them - Candid Coral and Peachy Keen. This color does swatch very lightly, but it gives you a very pretty, natural flush of color :)

Sara said...

 They do indeedy :)  If only e.l.f. came up with a Nars Taj Mahal dupe!  I'd be in heaven! xx

Sara said...

 Hi Rinny,  thanks for the comment.  Which do you prefer?  Coral or Peachy?  I really wish elf came up with an orange blush...I'm obsessed w/ orange blushes since I discovered Nars Taj Mahal :)

Sara said...

 Aww thanks Livia!  Will do now :)

Rinny said...

I actually prefer Candid Coral because the color reminds me so much of NARS Orgasm :D

Peachy Keen is pretty, but the color is very light, even by my standards. I like how orange blushes look on others, but it seems like a hard color to pull off for myself. My friend bought the bright orange blush from R&R when they were 50% off and she almost never uses it :P

Sara said...

 Orange blushes are hard to pull off, but I think if you use a really light hand it gives a nice sunkissed look :)  I was really scared of it at first, but after a few uses I was hooked.   You should try elf's blush/bronzer duo, I hear it's a dupe for the Nars orgasm :)

Rinny said...

The duo has actually been on my shopping list for awhile haha. A lot of other ppl have said the same thing as you too :D

eriiika said...

I was actually planning to buy this! Thanks for the review :) btw im pam

Www.themakeupsafari.blogspot.com

Sara said...

I'd recommend it..it's super cheap.  Thanks :)