Monday, March 19, 2012

Random Haul + Back to work

Hi everyone,

All winter I've been wanting to buy toques and I finally got around to it, when winter ended.  ha.. I don't know why I waited so long.  Maybe it's because I rarely buy hats in general and can't justify spending 20$ on a hat I will wear seasonally.  Also, I'd rather have more than one. So, in solution to my penny pinching and being greedy dilemma, I bought my toques from the dollar store and I love them! 

You can't go wrong at the Dollarama!  Seriously, it is a giant store.  You can find pretty much anything in there.  I buy my makeup organizers from there and stack them on my desk.  They are perfect and they are only 2$ each.  I know what you're thinking.."2$ at the dollar store, shouldn't it be 1$?"  Honestly, it varies from 2 for 1$ or 2$ for 1.  I've found the same organizers at Grand and Toy for over 10$ each.  How's that for a steal?

Anyhow..I love that store and I figured I'd share what I bought.  So happy looking!




 Both fit pretty well and are warm.  The gray printed one is a little stiff but with some wear, the rib will loosen.  But are pretty comfortable and I love the black one.  I've been told I have a hat head...What do you think?  They're great for bad hair days!!
I'm wearing Wet 'n' Wild matte lipstick in 'Pinkerbell'.  Review to come soon...



I also went to Winners to look around and came across some really inexpensive runners.  I guess they were sent to Winners because I am not a 5 1/2 shoe size.  However, these fit me really well.  They only cost 34.99$ and my older Asics cost me double that.  I ended up buying them because I need new runners anyways.


Yeah..and me sporting them.   
 For the ladies who complain about thick, curvy legs (specifically on Soompi).  You have nothing to hide, nothing to worry about.  Stocky legs run in my family and this photo is me smaller than what I used to be, and I still have thick legs.  Whenever I read Soompi posts about how 'thick' and how 'big' girls think they are, all I think of is..you are ALL small.  I drown out your whining by creating a storm with my thunder thighs.   Excuse my paleness...must buy tanning lotion.



On a different note.  I am starting work on Wednesday.  Yay money.  I will work alot farther than where I used to so time availability will probably be dwindled, alot.  I used to work 30 minutes away by just subway and now I work minimum 1hr away by subway and bus.  I'm hoping to keep up my liveliness by the end of the day to still put out as many posts as I did during the last couple months.   I really enjoy posting and I hope my energy keeps high.  

Thank you everyone for your continued support and welcome new followers!  

Till next time, 
Sara.

34 comments:

THT Christina said...

I love dollarama! Haha But I don't have a lot of hats because I don't think they suit me >> Only a few do.
And gaahhhh I need runners! I want to start jogging again!

Sara said...

 haha..I think any hat will suit you..you've such a pretty face ^^.   If you need runners, go check out winners lol.  I love that store too!

♔cominica♔ said...

actually I love dollarama, but they dont look nice on me :/

miss.lv said...

You are really pretty, the hats really suit you xx

www.misslv.com

Sara said...

 I love dollarama lol.  I think you just gotta find a hat that suits you and buy multiples :)

Sara said...

 Hi and thank you :)  I love toques :)

Rinny said...

 The hat is so cute on you! :D

minnja style said...

Great blog and I'm your newest follower.
If you like, follow me back. It would make me very happy ;)

minnja.blogspot.com

LOVE
Minnja 

♥ Noxin ♥ said...

Pfff- girl, you're not 'thick' in the legs, either! If anything it looks like you're a runner or something: you have some muscle on ya'~.

I complain about my legs, too, but a big part of it is that I played soccer for yeaarrsss and my legs tend to run more toward an 'athletic' shape. Haha.

~~ Anyway ~~ , you DO have a hat-head! Both toques totally suit you. o:

Best of luck keeping up with the new job! (And the blog, if possible.)

Maryam Maquillage said...

your legs are to die for!!! I love thick legs and totally wish I had them. Instead I have a big bottom / thighs and skinny, barely there calves.. ugh how I hate my calves :(( I want your calves!!!

quinkitty said...

Nice hats! I love the feeling of working out! all the best to you :D

Sara said...

 Thanks Rinny ^^ 

Sara said...

 Hi Minnja

Thank you :)  it means lots to me :)

Sara said...

 Hi Nox!  How have you been?  Thnx ya..I do run sometimes :)  and I've been asked if I play soccer too!  But, I hate soccer..I suck at it, lol.  I've played volleyball long ago :D  and you know what I love athletic legs :) I've seen your legs in your ootd's ..haha..I 've commented on how great your legs are too!  thanks love :)

Sara said...

 haha..you can have my legs as long as I get your face.  You're so gorgeous!  You can build your calves doing calf raises - seated or standing :)

Sara said...

 Hi Quinkitty - thank you :)  me too,..esp. the after soreness!

Ally Li said...

I would have never guessed those hats were so cheap!
Are you from Toronto too?^^

Onika Chan~ said...

the hat looks cute on you ;) :D I feel like I wanna buy one as well XD

Sara said...

 Thanks :)  That's what I love so much about them :D  I am from Toronto :)

Sandy said...

I love the hats. : )

Sara said...

 Thanks :)  Wore them today

Sara said...

 haha thanks :)  You should do it!  It's so cheap!

bangbangsheshoots said...

 you are super cute! love that hat on you :D

I'm a bottm heavy kind of girl - it's took me a year to get slimmer butt and legs. I like how you've taken a healthy approach!

Sara said...

 Thanks!  Wore the hat today, it's so cold outside!  :(

I try to stay healthy..slimming down trouble areas is really hard, especially when someone like me loves food too, too much!

AnneMarie Nicolaides said...

You don't have thunder thighs, you have strong legs!  I have thunder thighs because the weight on my upper legs is mostly fat :P!!  I'm Anney btw ^-^ & I'm new to following you :D  You have such a pretty face :)

Lorina Scott said...

Whoa! You got some hella AWESOME definition going on there!

lipoooo.blogspot.com said...

so great! ;)


"comment is made by boy"

Amy Kami said...

I'm promoting your giveaway on my blog: http://raffletheribbon.blogspot.com.es/

Sara said...

 Hi Annie ^^ Thanks for the support :)  I doubt it's mostly fat.  You are in good shape :)

Sara said...

 Thanks Lorina!  I work out pretty hard ..at least I'd like to think so haha.

Sara said...

 Thanks Amy!  That means alot ^^

Sara said...

 Thank you ^^

Joey said...

I like your knitted hats! Happy working!

Sara said...

 Thanks!