Sunday, February 5, 2012

REVIEW: e.l.f Conditioning lip balm in 'Peaceful Pink'

Happy Sunday!

Anyone watching the NFL Superbowl?  I might.  I hope the Giants win..lol.

Just gonna share a small review on e.l.f.'s Conditioning lip balm in 'Peaceful Pink'.

First and foremost..I really, really like this product!  The smell is so nice.  I'm not much for sharp, floral scents.  But, I do love this scent.  It's almost like a Vanilla, coconut like scent and sweet, candy like, rather than perfume-ish...for me anyway.

 





The size of the container is rather bulky, but I like it.  It's an item I can easily throw in my bag and not have trouble finding later on.  I don't have to worry about product leaking or the cap unscrewing, because when you twist it shut, it pretty much clicks and locks at the end.  The plastic screw cap makes it feel kind of cheap, but I'm not really bothered by it.  The outer shell is a matte black with a white liner.  I honestly think if they replaced the white liner to be black, it would look better.  The clear base that holds the product is pretty sturdy and adds a bit of weight, which is also good.  

I really adore the colour.  It's right on the 'peaceful' pink idea. I find it to have more cool tones to it, rather than warm.  When applied it's really good for neutralizing my pigmented lips.  It goes on kind of sheer, but can build and still look nice to wear daily.  E.l.f. nailed it on the naming.

The texture is creamy and you can pick up product fairly well.  I know it sounds unsanitary but I use my finger, as I find it the easiest and most convenient.




The moisturizing aspect isn't the greatest though.  I still apply extra lip chap over top to keep my lips from drying out.  But this remains in close reach because I really enjoy this item and for 3$ a pop, I'd repurchase.


Overall rating:  B+
Would I repurchase?  Yes!  

You can find the product here.  Has alot of good ratings!


Till next time!
Sara.



8 comments:

The Peach said...

Interesting... I haven't been much of an elf fan, but this stuff looks pretty good! Thanks for the review!

Vanessa Jhoy said...

I've never tried and elf product before, but I might be looking into it, thanks for the review. and giants won! your wish came true ;]

Wai ♥ said...

The color looks great on you, it leaves such a natural color to your lips that I am already sold by this review. Next stop: E.L.F. website. xD

Ke said...

love the color on you :) elf products are a hit or miss for me but thanks for sharing!

ke
blissfullyke.blogspot.com

Maryam Maquillage said...

I absolutely love Elf lip balms. I own one and I'm not sure of the name b/c I stupidly threw away the box it came in w/o checking it... it's a really lovely blue-based baby pink. May even be this one!!

Sara said...

Thank you ladies :)

@Maryam - could be..sounds like the description :)

♥ Noxin ♥ said...

Ah-- I am a sucker for sweet smells. <33 And I agree with the bit about replacing the white liner with black making it look better. :/

Still, for the price of elf products? Not much to complain about. <3 This balm seems pretty awesome in colour payoff. o:

I wonder if that elf eye shadow palette I have sitting around will be any good...

Sara said...

@Noxin: You and me both. I love the smell of cookies and pastries.. I can sit and smell all day long. Elf eyeshadows are pretty good..I like them, I have 2. I say give it a try :) Review too! lol.