Sunday, December 11, 2011

REVIEW: Lipstick Haul (Mainly Pics only)

Having lip issues lately where I find that my lips appear darker than usual.  So I've kind of become obsessive with finding a nice MLBB (my lips but better) lipstick or lip color.  I recently looked over some home remedies that naturally lighten your lips, but that will be another posting :).

This lip hoard thing came about after purchasing a lip product that I seen a co-worker sporting.  The color looked sooo nice on her, but the problem is it didn't look as pretty on me.  I guess cause my natural lip color is darker than hers.  Blegh!  Boo my dark lips..they make me look so old.

In order to get a similar result to hers I obviously have to tone down my natural lip colour.  That's fine except, my lips dry out considerably and look flaky.  I've exfoliated but it doesn't help much.. :(  If you have a remedy for this, please throw it out...I would love to hear :)

Anyways..onto the lipsticks.  After seeing it on her I went to purchase it and picked up a few more colours, because my local drugstore was having a sale!



From L-R:  Rimmel Crush, Rimmel Paradise, Rimmel Airy Fairy, CG Delish, L'oreal Peach Parfait, 
Revlon Peach (one my co-worker was wearing).  Can you tell I have an eye for specific colours?  ;)
 

Swatches on Arms:  With and Without Flash.        * Flash Picture (bottom) is in the same order as top.
 

About scent:  
Pretty much all of them except Revlon has a perfume like scent.  It kind of reminded me of a floral scent.  I don't particularly enjoy it but I am not bothered by it.  It isn't detectable (to me anyway) when you wear it unless you put the stick right up your nose!

Note:
I actually bought these lipsticks based on colour and effect, rather than  moisture and wear length.  I'm more into colour right now.  I always apply a moisture lip balm before applying lipstick though.  


My Natural Lip Colour for reference:
 


All lipsticks were taken by the window during daytime :) 

















Out of all of them I disliked Paradise the most.  I don't hate it but I don't really like how dark it is.  My most liked of the bunch is the Covergirl Delish.  The packaging is really nice too.  I liked how it's a nice, soft peachy nude. 

L'oreal Peach Parfait and Revlon's Peach are roughly the same colour. 
I wasn't too fond of Airy fairy.  It's too cool toned for my yellow-olive skin.  I think I look better in warm tones.  But, I think It's growing on me :)

Thanks for reading!
Sleep time :)
Sara.

10 comments:

The Peach said...

I can't believe how close some of these colors are! All but Paradise and Airy Fairy could be dupes for each other! I think Paradise is my fave of the group. But all of them are so pretty!

Jen said...

Love your colour choices! i feel your pain, tho i think my lips are even darker than yours >.< you should try the Bioglo lip brightener :) it makes your lips pinker!

Sara said...

Thanks Peach :) Paradise is too dark for me.

Jen - Thanks so much! I'm goin to check that out! You might be my saviour ;)

Francesca said...

thanks for this useful post! will need to try one now!


http://opinionslave.blogspot.com

Cylia said...

ahh I really need a nude coloured lipstick! PS. To get a little bit in the Christmas mood.. Join my ‘Mystery fashion goodiebag’ giveaway with Monki, Pull & Bear goodies and more! here:
http://cyliaaaa.blogspot.com/2011/12/giveaway-x-mystery-fashion-goodiebag.html

Dark Heart 2011 said...

Nice articles. I'm just blogwalking and very happy to stop here. And also give you some comment and following your blog here.

Dont forget to give us some your comment into my blog and following me back too.

♥ Noxin ♥ said...

Ack-- my Blogger, for some reason, doesn't show me when you blog updates. @_@ Guh. Thank god for Lensaholics. Haha.

Anyway, beyond actual lip-lightening products, I don't know of any workable remedies. Especially not hoe-remedy-wise. Yikes...

Moving on to the actual swatching and such, I have to say that Peach Parfait and Crush are my favourite two on you, but that nude tone you chose was also gorgeous~.

Sara said...

Thanks Nox :) I actually found a lippie I love, but one small issue...it's discontinued!! wahh! lol. I still can't believe ppl don't get my updates in their feed! No wonder my blog is kind of quiet!

Kelly Tran said...

Omgosh! What a coincidence. I was looking for a pretty peach lipstick a while ago and I came across this post today and it's so useful! All the colours look so pretty on you! :)

Sara said...

Thank you Kelly :) I hope you've found the peach you're looking for!