Monday, October 10, 2011

LENS REVIEW: Geo Two Tone "Nature" Green (CM-723)

Hi all,

First review after the long break.  Simple review, really.

It's a quick lens review.  I'm hoping the photos will do the explaining...

I think writing is what throws me off about blogging.  I'm not much of a writer, I prefer photos.  When I want to do a post, I'm put off by the writing.  Actually, I kind of dread it.  Usually when I read other blogs I am more inclined to follow a blogger based on what they show rather than what they write.  I know, not really good of me.  But I'm more visual.  When I read up on a product I want to see it for myself.   My expectations and the results I'm looking for may not fall under the same expectations as someone else.  My grammar isn't spectacular but it's understandable..I hope.   Another reason I dread writing...lol.  For example, if I'm looking for a natural lens that blends well and come across a blogger that only explains results I'm hoping for, may turn into a unhappy purchase.  If I see the photos (good photos), I can be the judge of that, right?  I'm sure some can relate and some will find me rather snobbish to do so.  Can't please everyone.

Besides, I tend to spend much more time taking and captioning photos in hoping I covered most areas in case a reader will question me about the product.  Of course I won`t cover all areas, but I'm confident that I cover enough.  I think the photos are of decent enough quality to answer for me..don't you think?  lol.

Pet peeve of mine:  Bad photo samples...Please take good photos.

Okay..enough ramble.  Onto the review...

CIRCLE LENS REVIEW:



REVIEW:  GEO Two Tone Nature Green (CM-723)

COLOUR:  ★★☆☆☆
Colour is kind of bleh.. is that a proper word?  It turns out a dark green, with a hint of teal.  Although the lens alone is a similar shade to the Nudy Green, the result in colour (on my eye) is different. 

ENLARGEMENT:  ★☆☆☆☆
These aren't meant for enlarging, I believe.  However, they do slightly.  Diameter is 14.0 mm, same as the nudies, but the colour print on the lens doesn't cover much of the lens surface as the Nudy does.

COMFORT:  ★★★☆☆
I haven`t worn these long enough to give a proper judgement.  But, for the time that I did wear it (approx. 2 hours) there was no discomfort.   Most geo lenses are fairly comfortable for me.

NATURALNESS:  ★★★☆☆
Not bad.  Maybe it`s cause they turn out dark green on my eyes and they are not very vibrant.   The size factor also plays part.  If you`re looking for a subtle change in colour that`s fairly believable, I`d recommend them.  If you`re willing to spend more on a pair that`s more natural I`d say go with Adore bi-tone yellow.

PRICE:  ★★★★☆
Generally pricing is from 16$ (pre-order) - 20$é25$ (ready stock) for these yearly lenses.  Not bad.  However, I don`t think they come in prescription.


PHOTO TIME!!! 

*** Please do NOT re-use, re-edit, re-distribute photos without permission.  Please ask first..thanks!










 







 


COMPARED TO THE FOLLOWING GREEN LENSES:



 




VIDEO:




Thanks for reading?  looking?  lol..
If you do have a question..feel free to ask!  I`d be glad to help...

Thanks!
Sara.



On a side note:  I almost cried when the power went out and I thought I lost my post...thank you blogger for autosave... I love you.  Seriously.


3 comments:

Lensaholic Dani Dean said...

The green lenses look good on you. I personally think Queeny X9 Green look the best on you.

Sara said...

Thanks Dani :) They are too vibrant I think.. Great for a night out though :)

Aether said...

Can you tell me please where did you buy them from?? :-))