Thursday, April 14, 2011

REVIEW: Careprost (for lash growth)

Let me just say...IT WORKS.

Careprost is the generic brand of Lumigan, Lumigan the generic brand of Latisse.  Only it costs a fraction of the price.  My sister purchased this a few months before her wedding and got a few bottles for me as well.  I don't remember where, but you can get this at places like Alldaychemist.com.  There are other sites that sell for cheaper and I'm sure you can find them on ioffer or ebay.

I started this wayyy back around early April 2010 and used it for about 16 weeks.  The amount only lasted that long..but I'm sure you can stretch it longer.  I don't have many photos, but I do have a before and after. 

If you don't know already what the ingredient is that lengthens lashes, it's called, Bimatoprost. <




The way to use it is to NOT use the eye drops directly in your eye, but brush it on your lash line.  I've inserted a photo below.  Hehe..my poor drawing on illustrator.






RESULTS......... 

  I am NOT wearing mascara.

 Right after the shower..

Now of course, there are side effects:
Some may affect individuals differently.
The most recent / common that I've heard of are darkening of the eye lids, can grow hair anywhere!  (it can), may cause iris darkening.  I think this is more likely if you get it in your eye..it's not instant and your entire iris won't change instantly.  However, it might cause slight difference with continuous use at the spot.  This information is good to look up before purchasing this product.  I did and I'm fine.  

Some may wonder what my side effects were...
My eyes didn't change colour.  But my lids did darken a bit, my eyelid fat also kind of went down lol, my lashes grew longer, thickened, and darkened.  I used this only once a day for about 16 weeks, every night.  At night, when I teared, I believe the solution ran down the side of my cheek and yup, you guessed it...after a few weeks or months there was a bit of hair there.  It's not there anymore, but this does grow hair anywhere!  

Since I've stopped using it, my lashes have gone back to their regular length.  I started to notice a difference after a few weeks of using this product.  Will I use it again?  Probably..I have another bottle left.  Since then, I've also purchased Talika lash serum, which is sold at Sephora for about 40$ CAD.   Will post up once I use that too :) 



Thanks for reading!!
Sara.

24 comments:

Mara said...

Okay, I don't know what is going on but I don't get any of your posts in my subscribtion box. :( I've unfollowed and refollowed you.

Anyways, Ive heard about this and Im glad to know personally know someone whos used it. I want to try it out but not sure if its safe for contact wearers? Then again you're a contact whore...LOL....

Sara, you are not too old to wear a hoochie dress. LOL Once in a while is great. I do it way too much so Im used to it but there is always a tastful way of wearing it. :)

Sara said...

Thanks Mara! When I have a special event I will remember that :) Yes ti's true I am a lens whore lol. I swear by careprost and it's promises.

I googled blogger and realised this is a current common issue for bloggers. The site is looking into it since around March 9th, 2011 from my understanding.

I appreciate you dropping by though lol! You're so sweet!

Sweet D. said...

Stumbled on your blog but now I'm following! Your results with Careprost look great. How long did it take you to start seeing results? I'm also doing eyelash treatments but have yet to really see anything significant after about 5 weeks.

-Diana

Sara said...

@ Sweet D: Thanks! I checked out your blog :) Followed too :) It took about 4 weeks or so to see anything really noticeable. Don't worry though, it'll come. Just be patient. You'll notice a big difference around the 8th week or 10th. You won't even need to wear Mascara! It'll look too fake ;)

♥ Pixie D ♥ said...

ok, the result is insane @_@!!!
ur lashes are just as full n long as falsies!
ahhh I want long lashes n wanna get one too >_<

♥ Noxin ♥ said...

Holy effing eff: the results are crazy. o:

I.... may or may not be about to go google this stuff for the lowest price. >.>'

Marion ♥ said...

Woah! I want to try this so bad :O

Anonymous said...

The result is incredible, my eyelashes grow longer after 4 weeks. The price of one bottle is reasonable which lasted me for 2 and a half months. I ordered mine at http://eyelash123.com/ for $30/bottle included shipping and i got my product after 5 days of order.

LemonberryLulu said...

this sounds and looks magical xD I have pretty short lashes but I've always just used falsies to cover that fact up :x 

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've been using Careprost since December 2011 and it works like magic. My eyeslashes are longer, thicker and darker. I know a company in U.S. that sells them cheap and you can have them within 2-3 days. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll give you their info.

Michelle
michellesison@yahoo.com

Lash Envy said...

Hi guys a know also that Careprost is amazing. I first found out about Careprost 2 years ago from a friend. I have been hooked ever since. The website I just recently made a purchase from is http://www.phi2bme@ioffer.com  they offer free shipping and a free brush. They gave me a deal on 3 bottles, you can make them a offer.

estee said...

Did your eyelids lighten after stopping?

Sara said...

 Yes, everything went back to normal after I stopped :) 

Anonymous said...

I can supply Careprost for $25 a bottle and ship directly to your door from Atlantic Canada; no prescription required. Let me know if you're interested! I'm an RN working for a cosmetic dermatologist.

sara.michelle@hotmail.com

Maintaining Your Station said...

It definitely works, my lashes look so long and dark, check out my Careprost photo diary http://maintainingyourstation.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/careprost-aka-latisse-my-journey.html

cvn said...

hii can you apply it under your lash line? like looking up and put it under ur lashes? also which is better, using the eye lash applicator given to you by like rapid lash or using a lip gloss brush..? thanks :)

Philecia whiting said...

how to get longer lashes? With Careprost. I love this stuff. Join the many Careprost Lover on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CareprostLashes. Buy Careprost @ http://www.getlongerlashes.com

Anonymous said...

Wow your eyes are so beautiful!! =) I have been using careprost for two Weeks now! Haven't seen much results yet.. :( but I'm sure it will come within the next couple Weeks!! I'm just wondering, why did you stop using it? I hope it doesn't cause any really bad side effects.. :$

Kailee said...

Check out http://www.careprostfablash.webplusshop.com/ $29.99 per bottle and comes with an applicator brush!

Ritu Gupta said...

You can buy








Careprost online at http://www.premiumrxdrugs.com/

Carissa Ramirez said...

Without Mascara .. Love it!!!

Tasha said...

Hi! Have you ever tried YOUNIQUE 3D Fiber Lashes? It's all natural, chemical free (along with the rest of the cosmetic line). It goes on just like mascara and with absolutely no side effects! It's $29. I'm LOVING them! If interested, you can check out the website WWW.YOUNIQUEPRODUCTS.COM/TASHAVALVERDE
Let me know if you have any questions!

vikas said...

http://www.unisquare.com/sale/2-bottles-careprost-bimatoprost-eyelash-growth-solution-3-ml-each-162987/

vikas said...

i buy 2 bottles for 39.99 usd

http://www.unisquare.com/sale/2-bottles-careprost-bimatoprost-eyelash-growth-solution-3-ml-each-162987/