Monday, September 6, 2010

PORTRAIT: Scarlett Johansson

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my first piece of artwork that took me almost 4 months to complete! j/k lol...it actually took me about 9 hours total to do, I just expanded the time frame an extra 120 days because I'M SO LAZY!

I used to do this all the time a few years back as a hobby and have quieted down for the longest time. Long story short as to why I slowed down...No inspiration. And the fact that I kept being asked for favors with "special discount". I hate saying no so I just cut off completely. I don't mind doing portraits so long as their interesting and it's fairly compensated. After all, it is time consuming.

Enough of that...let's move onto the drawing.

*** First and foremost, obviously I own no credit to the photo referenced, I merely recreated it with a few simple tweaks. I didn't fully complete the bodice. It's supposed to have feathers and I removed her forearm. Now that I fully admitted my mistakes, you can judge for yourself. haha!

Hope you like!

9" x 12"
Portrait in Graphite Pencil on Bristol smooth

Again,...hope you like!

Until next time,
Sara.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good rendering. I love it. Monotone work can be very challenging. Shading, gradations, can produce such startling finished works, like this. You really should continue in this format.

Sara said...

Thanks Anony :)

I love graphite portraits. It adds a classic touch to any photo. I will definitely do more photos :)

Mara said...

Beautiful work. I love to paint when I have time, which is rare. You definitely have an eye for art. :)

Sara said...

Thanks mara for the sweet comment and follow :)

InsideOut Elle said...

holy crap this is beautiful!