Monday, July 19, 2010

LENS REVIEW: Bausch & Lomb Indigo

Hi Guys,

Another lens review : ) . Hurrah! If you like violet lenses...read on :)

Bausch & Lomb Indigo
No flash indoors in daylight settings.

Bausch & Lomb Indigo review:
 
COMFORT: 3/5. These lenses are comfortable (right side up). Haven't had any discomfort issues with them that way. However, DO NOT WEAR THESE INSIDE OUT. They feel like a bunch of eyelashes all in the eye. OUCH!!!
 
COLOUR: 3.7/5. I really like the colour of these. They are the same colour off and on the eye. The opacity is great and the colour is just right for that dramatic change but not scary like the Dolly eye violets, which can be seen here. If anything, it adds that sparkle. In my opinion...(you're gonna laugh), they give off that Megan Fox seduction look. hahaha...you know...that stare! If you don't want indigo and still want that POP, I would suggest platinum. I personally haven't tried them...but they are a very light gray colour and from what I've seen, IMO they are a great choice.

 
ENLARGEMENT: 1/5 . These aren't meant to enlarge like circle lenses. However, they do enlarge my irises a tad. Photo comparison below. 

 
NATURALNESS: 2.5/5. Well...they are purple. So that docked off 1 pt. From afar they are definitely noticeable and just by the colour you can tell they are lenses - esp. for someone who is supposed to have dark brown eyes. On a Caucasian person I guess they can get away with it. From close up...you can see the pattern. Also you have the blunt pupil hole and the limbal ring to give off the fact they are lenses.

 
OVERALL: 3/5. These lenses are really nice. I would love to try the jade or amazon colour next. 



PHOTOS! Pls do not use these photos without permission.

RIGHT SIDE UP - 5 point view + lens - Right side up (NO FLASH)


RIGHT SIDE UP - Comparison with my natural eye colour.
My Left eye with Bausch & Lomb Indigo - Indoors NO FLASH

RIGHT SIDE UP - Comparison with my natural eye colour.
My Left eye with Bausch & Lomb Indigo - Indoors FLASH

INSIDE OUT - 5 point view + lens (NO FLASH)

INSIDE OUT - Comparison with my natural eye colour.
My Left eye with Bausch & Lomb Indigo - Indoors NO FLASH

INSIDE OUT - Comparison with my natural eye colour.
My Left eye with Bausch & Lomb Indigo - Indoors FLASH

*** Did not want to take face shots with the lens inside out. Too painful.

Video: Model is me...


Thanks!
Sara.

4 comments:

Ushishi said...

They don't look so bad. Upclose its very obvious, but far away they look more of a greyish blue color than purple. Overall I like the lightness, i wish there was a circle lense which such light purple color.

Sara said...

Thanks and I have to agree about the obviousness of the lens up close. I think the gng's have a similar lens with a somewhat same effect. Except they are more violet than these :)

Anonymous said...

Its Totaly Free At your Home Door [url=http://brighteyesdrops.com]bright eyes drops[/url]

D.D. said...

They look awful. I'd suggest you go only with Solotica or Adore. With those, only if someone is 4-5 cm from your eye they can see that it's actually a color contact not your real eye.